Error message on HAMRS for MacOS

I just downloaded HAMRS this morning on my MacBook Pro running Catalina and got the following error message when trying to open the app. “ “HAMRS” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information.”

Can you help me get it going on MacOS. In the meantime, it seems to be working on my iPhone and maybe iPad.

Thanks.

Max - WG4Z

Try to open it again, and when you receive that “error”, go to your security settings and allow HAMRS to open on your Mac.

this is totally normal behavior for the newer versions of macOS.

1 Like

This is a known situation. By known, I mean intentional. The macOS builds aren’t signed yet. They will be soon.

1 Like

Jarret, any update on the signing of the macOS builds? I’m getting the “can’t open” because it can’t be checked for malicious malware message.

Thanks,
Allen

Please disregard my message. Was able to get it to open. Thanks for an awesome logging program!

I’ll sign once It’s hit 1.0 - in the meantime you’ll have to do the do the system preference dance: Installing on macOS

Roger, roger, thanks for the reply!

I’ve installed a couple of other versions using the “Mac Dance” but 11.3 is not offering the chance to “install anyway”. Just me?

I had the same issue, “Mac Dance” didn’t work. This solution did.
Open Terminal and type:
sudo spctl --master-disable
hit return and enter your admin password, hit return again.

Open HAMRS, the warning box will pop up but there should be an open button in it this time. That’s what mine did. Hope this helps!