HAMRS App and My first Lost Log

First time I’ve run into an issue with a log. I activated a POTA in Texas and logged 127 QSO’s I save it like all the other ones and at least have an exported ADIF but the actual log in the app has now disappeared. Is there a solution?

Mike - K0FYR

@k0fyr Sorry to hear of this but glad you had exported your log before it disappeared!

Out of curiosity, what device and operating system were you using?

@Jarrett usually recommends exiting the app and rebooting. That sometimes brings back lost logs.

Using a new iPad Pro with iOS 15.0.1

And I have closed the app, turned the iPad off, and reopened the app a couple of times and no joy.

Mike (K0FYR)
Ham-Solo

@K0FYR I was hoping you would have reported using an older device with iOS 12.x or so. :frowning:

@K0FYR could you send me the log you exported?

Will do. Sent it to your QRZ email.

Mike (K0FYR)
Ham-Solo

No such luck this is new new.

Mike (K0FYR)
Ham-Solo

Wow. This is serious stuff.
The first job of a logging program is to not lose the freaking data.
I am a HAMRS enthusiast but this is killer.

1 Like

I agree Bob and after you and I have personally made contacts together before this could mean loss of all activation data as well as no proof of successful Park or Summit activation credit. Luckily I had already exported it which I tend to do once I finish an activation just to have a record to submit at all. I know Jarrett had asked for my exported log which I sent him but not sure if he can troubleshoot the problem from that or if he was just rebuilding it in the app.

K0FYR Ham-Solo