IOS, IMac refuses to load app

I get this on my new iMac. How to fix? Help

“hamrs” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.
This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information.

You might try this:

1 Like

After trying to load a few times, it finally relented and loaded. I’m not learning how to use it.

Thanks!

you need to go to your System Preferences / Security & Privacy

After installing into your Applications folder, double click on the application, a popup window will appear, saying: “hamrs” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information.

It gives you two buttons to choose from, “Show in Finder” or “OK”… select “OK”

Next you need to go to your System Preferences (go to the apple in the top left corner of your screen, click System Preferences"… from the window that pops up, click on “Security & Privacy”, then at the bottom it will tell say: “hamrs” was blocked from use because it is not freom an identified developer. There is a button that says “Open Anyway”, click that.

Another window will pop up saying: “hamrs” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for mailicious software. And will give you 3 buttons “Open” / “Show in Finder” / “Cancel”… click “Open”. the app should now open as you’d expect.

This is a one time thing. The only other time you will need to do this for this app is if there is an update that you install, in which case, you will need to do everything again. This is part of Apple’s (somewhat annoying) very high security.

Below is a screenshot of the Security & Privacy panel for your reference.

I did all the steps above but the app will still not load. Whats next.