My Call keeps disappearing

WF5W here:

HAMRS 1.0.1 Linux AppImage
using POTA template.

green dot by profile. Generated Only ONE operator: field, and in the first record ONLY
I used a text editor to create all 28 other ones.

So this is not fixed.

@w5fw

Did you close the app and restart it, or try rebooting your Linux machine? Or is this happening every time you use it?

I’m also curious if this happens on your Android device after doing the same (restarting or rebooting).

Also… congrats on your first POTA activation! Just saw your post on the FB group. Watch out… this is highly addictive!

I did not reboot. And I didn’t close the app until after I had logged all the contacts.
I did close it, and then restart the app, and tried a test pota. added a couple entries, and noticed the same thing.

So I am not sure where the My Callsign goes to then?

oh. and I didn’t do it on my android, I did it when I got back home on linux

and thanks for the congrats. I WILL be doing more. And I want the HAMRS to do things right. I really like the app.

Jerry

If you are putting your call in the “My Callsign” field, it is supposed to be exported to the OPERATOR field in the ADI file. “Club Callsign” gets exported to the STATION_CALLSIGN field in the ADIF.

And by design, if you have a profile set up with your call sign, and it is selected, it is supposed to fill the “My Callsign” with your call.

Some have had problems (as you see in earlier posts) with the profile failing to populate “My Callsign”. Restarting the app or rebooting the device appears to fix this for Apple and Android devices (and perhaps Windows).

But it sounds like there may be another issue with Linux systems not properly using the profile, since you tried the same things without success. @jarrett, recommend taking a look at this—perhaps there is another issue with Linux properly reading the profile settings.

Its hard for this 73 year old to “remember” things.

You know, I don’t remember if the little green dot was on beside my profile or not.
I just tested it again with 1.0.1, with the little green dot ON beside my profile.

I went in and did a new log I named test pota (original right?)

1. I checked to see that my profile had a green dot next to it.
  2. I put in my callsign, in the MY CALLSIGN field, filled in the rest of the fields
  3. Put in a couple of my friends callsigns as QSOs
  4. got back out and did an adif export

EVERYTHING worked fine, and as expected.

I wish I knew why it didn’t work before, but I CAN’T.

I do have one question though, is there a reason, if I choose the profile, and a green dot is beside it, that when I open up a new log, that my callsign from the profile is not automatically populated? just wondering.

Oh, and I showed that to a SOTA friend of mind and he was very excited when I showed him the POTA one, until, he saw that SOTA did not have the currently active spots tab like POTA did.
He would really like to see that. I will look at the currently active feature requests and request that if I can’t find it.

Thanks for the GREAT product, it is so easy to use.

Jerry WF5W

oh and I forgot.

One part of the confusion, was when I was showing HamRS off to my friend, and the population of the fields with a callsign, he was wondering why his name came up in the OPERATOR field, when it should just be labelled NAME. Because that is what it is in the ADIF file. NAME vs OPERATOR.

Should that technically be a misname of a label?
Just wondering.

@WF5W

I do have one question though, is there a reason, if I choose the profile, and a green dot is beside it, that when I open up a new log, that my callsign from the profile is not automatically populated? just wondering.

That’s odd. It works for me, as you can see in the image below. My active profile has my name and call sign, and creating a new POTA log populates my call sign into the “My Callsign” field.

The only thing I can suggest is to create a new profile, delete the old one, make sure the new one is selected, and open a fresh log.

One part of the confusion, was when I was showing HamRS off to my friend, and the population of the fields with a callsign, he was wondering why his name came up in the OPERATOR field, when it should just be labelled NAME. Because that is what it is in the ADIF file. NAME vs OPERATOR.

I think I agree with you… “Operator” should be relabeled to “Name”. It would at least be consistent with the ADI file fields.

I had the same concern with “QTH”. Although that is the right ADI field, it documents the Town or City and using “City” in my opinion would make the intent clear.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.