Beta--multi-state park entry creates adif entry not saved in QRZ

US historic national trails, and probably parks with multiple states, are logged with a state entry of something like “CA,US”. I load my HAMRS logs into the RUMlogNG logger on the Mac (which retains the CA,US) along with logs from other sources such as wsjt-x. I then extract the day’s QSOs into a new ADIF file, which I upload to qrz.com and LOTW.

I just noticed today that qrz.com has been (silently) discarding the entries with state entries it can’t understand.

For entries where a single state can’t be identified, might it make more sense to leave the state field blank and instead put the information into a comment?

So, when exporting, if the State field contains multiple states,:

1. Export an empty state field
  2. If comments are empty, append states to comment

Is that correct?

That sounds reasonable.

One additional thing might be that if a spot is copied to the new log field, also bring over the state code, if present. Then don’t try to compute the state from the park information. For example, just a few minutes ago W5H was at US-8313 with the spot page reporting a location of US-NC. The log entry, however, appears to compute the location as NC,US rather than just retaining the NC.

For the US-8313 situation - I believe on the POTA spots I just split the location into an array on commas, and then display the first element. This prevents a really jumbled list from displaying for something like the Appalachian Trail. But when the Park is copied - my point is that even though the POTA spot looked like it only had one location, it actually has “US-NC,US-TN”, and then the formatting bug happens and populates the sate with “NC,US”

I think the the pre-2.0 versions, I just used whatever the first state was, but I don’t think that is ideal either, and should probably just not populate the state at all.

Release 2.9.1

• Fix: don’t populate Their State field when POTA park has multiple locations
  • Fix: focus ‘Their Callsign’ input after saving a QSO