Changing Computers

Because most software for my Kenwood radio is Windows I have switched from MAC OS. I have 77 contacts in HAMRS that seem trapped on the old computer. As a new ham it would be no great loss to start over but I would rather not. Can you help.
Ray

Ray, unfortunately HAMRS doesn’t offer a means to import logs of any type (either in HAMRS format or in a generic ADIF format).

It has been discussed as a future feature but nothing has materialized yet.

Hi Ray. As a new ham, you should settle on a logging program for you entire shack. Hamrs is great for portable ops, but is no replacement for a real logging program like ACLOG or DXKEEPER. My hamrs logs are immediately deleted after uploading to PoTA or my main log. 73. W1ip

1 Like

As a full-time RVer, my ham shack is the picnic table at the local WMA or SWA outside or in my truck if the horrid of deer flies are trying to come in to eat me, LOL. I already failed at trying to load the Linyx version on my Chromebook, I was a sharp programmer 30 years ago, but not today. Is there a $200 solution to run HAMRS that isn’t my tiny Google Pixel 7? My eyes are better than they were 20 years ago thanks to the miracles of cataract surgery, but I need something with a font that won’t cause me to squint every time I want to type like I am trying to read my receipt from ACE Hardware, LOL. Cheers, Davey - KU9L