Chromebook problem

I am using chromebook and am unable to export my logbooks to adif.
any help would be appreciated.

There was a bug in 0.10.0 that caused this problem. It was fixed in 0.10.1, and requires a full restart to fix it apparently. Have you done that?

Also, what kind of chromebook? Iā€™ve not tested HAMRS on Chromebooks, it should totally run fine, but it was not something I knew the Google Play store offered, so I never even thought about it. I need to pick one up so I can test with it.

how did you get the software into the chromebook please i have had no luck doing this

declan ei9hq

Only some chrome books have access to the google play store. I didnā€™t know this when I built HAMRS for Android, so your mileage may very. Here is a list I found Chrome OS Systems Supporting Android Apps - The Chromium Projects

Lenovo C330 is the make and model of my chromebook, listed as stable on the list provided. HAMRS version is 0.10.3. When clicking export.adi nothing happens. I have restarted my chromebook and the app several times. Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

Hmmmm Iā€™m not sure. How many QSOs are in the log youā€™re exporting. Anything odd about the QSOs? Missing info, special characters in a field or something I may have missed? I have no error reports, and everything youā€™ve provided seems like you should be doing just fine. I really need to snag a chromebook to see whatā€™s going on.

Iā€™ve got a Chromebook coming, itā€™ll be here Friday. Iā€™m also adding even more error handling metadata information around this. Iā€™ll be able to have a good look at it with this next release.

Hi Jarrett - wondering if you if your app will run on a Lenovo Chromebook Duet? Thanks

If you can install google play on your chromebook, it SHOULD work. But Iā€™m unsure. My chromebook for testing is arriving today.

There are only 22 qso and my phone worked fine.

So I found out what was up. Chromebooks donā€™t have the same ā€˜Share sheetā€™ function that Android devices have, which is what I was utilizing for exporting on mobile devices. Iā€™ve got a work around that I tested on the Chromebook I bought, and is currently with beta testers right now. Should be out in a couple of days.

Any updates on using Chromebook?

Iā€™m also interedted in this fix, any update on this? thanks!

Just picked up a Samsung Chromebook today just for HAMRS. Iā€™ve been using an iPad Air, but donā€™t want to lose/break that in the field. It looks like a month ago you were beta testing this fix, has that progressed at all? Iā€™ve got the Chromebook set up and it works well and is nice and small. I think I have 15 days to return if this isnā€™t going to happen.

Any updates on the chromebook issues?

It doesnā€™t look like this thread is getting any attention. Iā€™ve had my Chromebook for 20 days. I pulled up the My Apps page in the Google store and HAMRS was literally the only app that did not require an update.

1 Like

From what I can tellā€¦ when I try to export an adif using my Asus chromebook, It doesnā€™t give me a place to save the adif. Iā€™m thinking that chromebook doesnā€™t support HAMRS or doesnā€™t support adif at all. I gave up trying and bought a surface pro 3. I love the Asus Chromebook because it has a no-glare screenā€¦and it works great for loggingā€¦ but I canā€™t export adif.

If this Chromebook issue is not going to be fixed, then remove it from the store and refund those who purchased it for the Chromebook. I had already purchased it for the iPad, but I wanted a more ā€œdisposableā€ device to run it on in the field. From the lack of response, it would appear that youā€™ve given up on the BETA you said you had out for testing.

It should be removed as far I know, a while back. I have a branch thatā€™s ready to go as soon as ChromeOS provides the same ā€˜share sheetā€™ functionality they do in Android, which is how ADIF exports are handled. You should also be able to request a refund from the play store, but if not, DM your Paypal or some other address and Iā€™ll get you squared away.