Duplication of log entries upon "Lookup All"

Just so it’s clear: Today, I went to my log file from yesterday which had been cleared of all duplicate entries from last night. I noticed this morning that there were no green checkmarks, just empty circles. I performed a [Lookup All] just now and watched the total contact record count increment up to 60 (from 30). Looking a the log listing, the only records that had the green checkmark after the [Lookup All] were the duplicate records toward the bottom of the log - the other original records were still unchecked. The screen print above was an export of this [Lookup All]. I just had Notepad++ count the number of occurrences of the address:0 field in the export file.

FYI, I’ve reviewed your video and for the life of me I can’t duplicate this behavior on my iPad. Very odd. It makes me wonder if something got corrupted in the database and propagated the error forward.

If you are so inclined, you could try deleting HAMRS completely and reinstalling it to see if you still have problems. Unfortunately that would wipe out your logs… so be sure to have backups.

But only do this if @jarrett has what he needs from you. I don’t want to interrupt his trouble-shooting efforts. :slight_smile:

Here’s a link to my YouTube. I uploaded my recent video (just made it today) of this happening on my iPad. Not sure it will help but thought I’d offer:

I am willing to remove HAMRS and reinstall and test again creating a new log. I’ll wait until I get the go-ahead to do that.

Thanks!

I have experienced the same problem with the same configuration of hardware and software. Only occurs going back into a saved log and selecting lookup all. For me, some of the existing logs never receive the checkmark and all of the dupes are of the first contact. The dupes exist in the exported adit file.

What information I can provide that will help get to the bottom of this?

–Harry, W1HMM

1 Like

‘Lookup All’ is going to be disabled in the next release. I think it’s a culprit for QSO loss, and needs to be refactored and tested better.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.