Import Adif File

Another plug for the import feature…for POTA activations using digi modes like FT8 in addition to CW/Phone, the import feature would be great to import digi contacts from WSJT-X into HAMRS for a single comprehensive POTA log.

Thanks!

1 Like

Agree, this is very challenging as I use a variety of devices. Being able to consolidate would be enormously helpful.

I would also like to see this feature added if the cloud sync option is not as easy to implement. As someone else stated, the ability to import their WSJT-X log for FT-8 QSO’s would also be nice.

1 Like

I would also love to see an import ADIF option. Please alert me when available. I find the mobile app a bit clumsy with my fat fingers. I’m a much better touch typist and with a headset can log much faster and more efficiently w/o as many mistakes.
Thanks,
Walt
WB4ZUT

1 Like

As a retired programmer, I know a little bit about design and implementation of programs.

I don’t presume to tell Jarrett how to program, since he’s done a great job so far, but if I were designing this added piece of functionality I would make this a two column affair, with fields that I find in the adif file being mapped to what the internal database fields are. In other words a mapping.

That way, no matter what program produced that adif file, it could be accommodated.

Jerry

Hello…

Any news on import…??

Many Thanks
Dave ~ G8LIY

As a new user and after going through the posts and not seeing anything coming out of the requests after years old statements from you I’m sorry to ask if I just wasted my money?

1 Like

Personally I think it’s a real bargain as designed… for the cost of a cup of coffee I’ve gotten a lot out of it.

@Jarrett has committed to some upgrades, but recognize you paid for the existing features, not ones that are yet to be released.

I know quite a few users have asked for ADIF import, but I’m still not understanding why this is requested so often. HAMRS is designed to meet the portable logging need and not to be a full-featured logger. Most users export the ADIF and pull it into a desktop app or another service as their permanent log. Nonetheless, for those who want to keep their entire log with them in the field, ADIF import would certainly meet that need.

One reason I’d like to see this feature is because I use N1MM+ for logging when I do an activation and I would love to be able to import my ADIF file into HAMRS to be able to generate the QSO map.

K2QB

1 Like

This would be great! Also CAT rig control and WSJT-X integration. I have HAMRS on my computer and the $2.99 version on my Android, but if you had the rig control and WSJT-X integration, I would be willing to pay for this! Just an idea…it is already free here on Windows/Mac, but if you get it and get it to work, give a 14 day free trial, and maybe $9.99 or $19.99 to buy a lifetime license for it and an option to donate if people want to. You have a great logger going on here.

Just wondering if there has been any movement on this as a feature? I would assume it would be relatively easy to implement as your software can export adif files already. Even if syncing between devices is not feasible this would make your software even more useful.