Importing data from different template

I have a POTA log that contains 25 CW contact from an activation connected with a special event station. I have sent the POTA log to POTA, using the proper template, but I also need to include the 25 contacts in my log for the special event station.
Is it possible to simply import the 25 contacts into the special event station log? I realize I am working with two different templates and so I wonder if the fields will align properly. Is there a way to disable some of the irrelevant fields before importing any data?

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Caryn Eve Murray KD2GUT

Does your special event log import adi files? It should probably work.

If needed, the adi file can be edited with a text editor. Pay close attention to any errors for guidance on any edits to make.

Hi, the special event log is basically a HAMRS log in the generic template. I wasn’t sure if I could do a direct import of the contacts stored in a separate log file using the POTA template. Sounds like it’s not an option…

Right - it’s not an issue of compatibility with templates. It’s that hamrs doesn’t support importing.

Where is the log ultimately going? If you have multiple ADI files, you can concatenate them in a text editor before uploading or wherever the complete log will be going.

Hi Dave,
The log would simply be going into an exported .ADI file. I suppose the solution would be to export both the POTA file and the “generic template” Special Event Station log file (since they are both for the special event) and just send that .ADI file to the person coordinating the event and keeping the logs.
Joining TXT files is not an issue and as you say, they can be edited.
It’s just a shame HAMRS doesn’t have an IMPORT function; only an export one.
Thanks for clarifying this for me, though.

Caryn KD2GUT