Installing on a Raspberry Pi

After downloading, right click on the icon and then:

1. Right click on the icon
  2. Select ‘Properties’
  3. Go to the ‘Permissions’ tab
  4. Under ‘Execute’ select ‘Only Owner’ or ‘Anybody’, either will work.
  5. Click ‘ok’

Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 5.42.55 PM

When you double click the icon to open, you’ll need to click ‘Execute’

Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 5.43.44 PM

1 Like

I was so excited when I found a logbook that works on all platforms; so rare.

I was interested to see how it worked on my Raspberry Pi 400 as I use that for special events and portable operating on campsites etc.

The use of AppImage is inspired, something that I’ve not come across before. It makes the software so easy to download and use on a platform notorious for difficult installs.

However, there is one thing that I think would improve the installation procedure enormously and that is if there was a link to installation instructions from the website. I downloaded the software, double clicked on it to install on it and discovered it wouldn’t run. Having never heard of AppImage before, it took me a while to understand what I had to do. Your installation instructions on the support website were great, once I found them by Googling, but a link would have made the insertion complete in about 2 mins from hitting the download button.

Again, great software - I love it and I only comment on software I like, if I don’t like it I just bin it. :slight_smile:

Regards
Derek

I’m glad you found the installation instructions helpful, even though it took some digging. I’ll think about how I can make it more clear what needs to happen - maybe a zip file with a readme included, or like a said a link on the website right under the download button.

1 Like