Just can’t get new 5-digit parks iOS

I’ve tried all I can think of, but I just can’t figure out how to get a version of HAMRS for my iPad Pro that will correctly connect the new 5-digit parks. I’ve repeatedly deleted the app, done a hard restart, downloaded the app — and nothing works.

Yes, I have all the “update” options set for automatic update in the Systems directory. And I have the latest 17.5.1 iPad OS installed.

We have quite a few new 5-digit parks near me. And I can upload the adi file to both POTA.app and QRZ. But HAMRS just doesn’t display correctly.

W3PYF [I’m 81, 67 years a ham — but not senile (I don’t think)]

In HAMRS go to the Help menu and choose “About”. It should say version 1.0.7. to get the new parks. It might not get all of them as I think POTA has added even more since HAMRS was released.

Another thought … might you be typing K- for the park number instead of the new US- ?

1 Like

Hello,
If HAMRS isn’t working with new 5-digit parks on your iPad Pro:

1. Reinstall HAMRS: Delete, restart iPad, reinstall.
  2. Update: Ensure HAMRS is up to date.
  3. Check Permissions: Verify app permissions in settings.
  4. Manual Entry: Enter 5-digit park codes manually.
  5. Contact Support: Reach out to HAMRS support.
  6. Community Help: Check forums for solutions.
    I hope this will help you,
    Thank you

I believe the current version of hamrs has a static list of parks built in, not an updatable one. It was rebuilt when the US park prefixes switched from K to US and caught some of the new five digit parks at that point. Newer ones aren’t present, though. The other big change that is missing appears to be the parks in Great Britain, which underwent a huge reorganization a week or two after the latest hamrs version was released. The hamrs developer has indicated that he is working on a new version of the program that updates dynamically, but he’s also indicated that other life responsibilities have kept him from updating hamrs as often as would be desirable. Hopefully the new version will come out at some time in the future, but in the meantime being patient and working around problems is the best way to proceed.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.