Locking up while logging

Once again while at a park , about 60 contacts in , the app would not let me save the contact. I could move to other fields but I couldn’t save the contact. I took a screen shot , exited out of the app, closed the app, then restart and carry on without any more issues . I haven’t lost any data except the unsaved contact.
thanks Steve VE1SK
ps, I did input the unsaved contact from the screen shot…

2 Likes

I’ve had the exact same thing happen to me on a regular basis……

HAMRS has worked flawlessly for me up until today. Windows 10 Laptop, 8G memory, no other apps running. 71 QSOs logged then I could not save the 72. Back to pencil and paper for the remaining time at the park and hibernated the laptop. Got home, shut down HAMRS and re-opened the log and everything was still saved except log 72. I guess when this happens just shut down HAMRS and restart it. This is a minor annoyance, but for a no cost logging program one really can’t complain. :grinning:

I did a screen shot before I restarted Hamrs that way I had a copy of the unsaved log entry. Restarted the app, entered the unsaved the last entry then continued on without any more issues that day. I do like the app, It is great for what it is intended . The only improvement that I would like to see, or maybe I am going about it incorrectly, when I entry a call, then tab to the RST I would like to see the RST highlighted. Just to save some key strokes… I am using a keyboard with my iPad…

I experience the same issue periodically. I have not been able to accuratly characterize the sequence of events just prior to the freeze up. But I think I have been in the right hand panel and changed freq just prior… I usually loose the contact. Has happened 3 times in 25 activations. Still like the app and run it on ipad and pc.

Interesting , I will have to try and remember what I am doing when it happens…

Thanks Rich… 73 VE1SK