Logged not staying green

Have been using HAMRS on my linux laptop and it is great. Recently installed it on my Mac and when I log a pota contact, it will turn green under pota spots, but that activator will only stay green for about 5 mins and turn grey again. I accidentally hunted the same activator twice because it was not marked as logged. It does not exhibit this behavior on my linux install.
Is this a known issue?

Discovered my problem. It seems that HAMRS internal time is UTC and it resets logged contacts at the end of each UTC day, which happens to be 8 pm for me. Not sure if there is a workaround or if I will just deal with it.

What’s to deal with? They are valid QSOs for the new day.
Charlie - K0LAF

Lets say I start hunting at 7pm and there are 50+ activators that I am working through. I like that they turn green to let me know I have already worked them and I don’t call them twice, it is logging software after all. Then 8pm rolls around and all of my green turns back grey…Did I already work that station? Kind of a pain, that is what I will “deal with”.
It is still great software

Well, as an activator, I want you to work me again after the date change.

1 Like

The check marks turning gray at the start of a new UTC day is the desired action. That indicates that the activator you had worked the previous UTC day can now be, and should be, worked again. Since it is a new UTC day those contacts are not duplicates. I am more curious as to why your linux install did not do this.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.