Mac Cursor (was Gears Menu not working)

I am also having the issue described in the “Gears Menu Not Working on Mac” thread. It is actually a cursor issue and I have a workaround.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71) iMac 24" 2021 M1
What happens is the cursor gets stuck in selection mode, i.e. brackets. I’m not a programmer so it’s likely that is not what that mode is called. It won’t switch back to the hand cursor. If you can click on any of the gears menus you can’t select anything in the pulldown menu. Restarting the Mac or even Force Quitting the application does not resolve it. I’ve had the issue for weeks.
The workaround is to use the up and down arrows keys (not convenient on a laptop - Fn up and down) and press enter. This works 100 percent of the time.

I may have also stumbled on a temporary fix. I just clicked on the center blue bar at the top of HAMRS (i.e. somewhere when there are no buttons). The cursor momentarily switched to the standard Mac arrow cursor and then to the hand cursor that HAMRS uses. Since then it hasn’t misbehaved so I can’t test if this fixes will always works.
jeff AA8HF

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.