One log for two operators

My wife and I activate parks together. Generally, I create the log on the Macbook under my callsign, and we take turns working each station that calls us. So when I enter each QSO, the signal reports are the same for each of us. When I go to submit the log, I need to duplicate it and then enter her call as the operator.

My question is what is the proper way to do this? Do I create a profile for her first, then select her profile before exporting it to a file I can upload on the POTA website?

Sometimes, I work CW as well, so there will be additional QSOs in the log that she will not have.

Any input will be appreciated. Thanks!

Chris NS8Q

Chris,

Changing the profile only affects subsequent QSOs, not those already logged, so that isn’t going to work for you.

The best way, in my view, is to return to the logbook list and duplicate the log by touching the gear icon next to the log and replacing your call with hers. Then you can either delete the CW entries from her log in HAMRS, or export it and either (1) edit the file with a text editor, or (2) if you have a Windows PC or can emulate Windows on your Mac use the “ADIF Master” utility to remove them.

Regards,
Kevin

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.