Problem on iPad with their park

Hi
If I want to write the park number on my iPad , HAMRS delete the „-„ after the K
See in Video … on my iPhone it works … I can’t write in K-8878 … the „-„ wil be delete by HAMRS ?

DD6FM - Marco

What version of HAMRS are you using, and which version of iPad OS do you have installed on your iPad?

I can’t replicate this glitch on either of my iPads with HAMRS 1.0.1.

Hi
I have also 1.0.1 … in reinstalled the app but again …
i make a new video showing the key I press … but I think this should be the right ?

I think that is the wrong “dash.”

Try pressing the “123” key and switching to this view of the keyboard. The correct dash is circled:

This is the keyboard I think you are using:

:

Here’s how I do it:

1 Like

Ahh ok thank you for help !! This was the problem

Marco

Awesome! Glad we were able to figure this out.

1 Like

So this looks like it was a international keyboard situation? The ‘Their Park’ field is limited via RegExp to only allow numbers, letters, commas, and a dash -. It looks like the German language uses a different dash (possible an en or em-dash?) on their keyboards. If someone knows what it is, I could make that field smart enough to replace any other dashes with the dash that ‘works’ with POTA, and QRZ.

1 Like

It may be an internationalization issue… I think the OP just pulled up a different keyboard view. The English view of that keyboard uses an underscore; perhaps the German version uses an em dash or en dash where the underscore is otherwise found.

If you converted the em dash and en dash to a regular hyphen I think that would prevent others from inadvertently running into this problem.

On iOS you can see the other dashes by long-pressing the hyphen:

Hi
This is the German Keyboard before and after I press 123

With that dash it works ! But there are some characters that looks similar :grinning:

Can I ask you to do something dumb for me? Can you use that keyboard to reply to this thread and insert that dash in your so I can see what it is? It looks like an underscore, but I can’t be too sure.

@jarrett, Here’s the dash had used that prompted the OP’s original question:

You can mimic this yourself on the iPad by adding the German keyboard in Settings, press the “123” key and then the “#+=“ key.

1 Like

Sweet. That’s an En Dash. Easy fix! Annnnnnd I should have thought about just changing my keyboard to German… That’s a perfect example of ‘over-engineering brain’ gone wrong; “I need the German user to press it on his German iPad” lol. Nope!

2 Likes

Tnx all for the help
DD6FM - Marco

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.