Raspberry Pi 64 bit support please

I was running HamRS fine on my raspberry pi UNTIL I re-imaged to the new Raspberry Pi OS 64 bit.

Now not only will it not run, it doesn’t even recognize the file.

I did a uname -a and it says that linux kernel is aarch64, so I am assuming that HamRS will not run on 64 bit arm processor. Am I correct?

Which then begs the question, can we have Raspberry Pi 64 bit support please.
Otherwise, until then, I will just do paper logs in the field and use HamRS on my main linux box at home.

Thanks. Jerry WF5W

I’m working on it. I hadn’t been paying attention to the Pi ecosystem for a couple of months, and completely missed it. I’m trying to source a 64 bit pi to test with but everything is sold out - if I get a build, I’ll post it on this forum and will need someone with that hardware to test it out, so be on the look out!

Can you try this beta version?

Jarrett,

Well, I just re-imaged back to 32 bit, because I had other apps (in flatpak) that didn’t work either.

But,
I have a spare SD Card, so I will load 64bit on it, and try it.
And let you know.

Jerry

I am not up on architectures too well. is arm64 the same thing as aarch64 (which is what it said when I did a uname)

I have a fresh Raspberry Pi with the 64-bit bullseye based OS. I’ve downloaded the app image and will give it a shot tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

I can help with the testing. I can also provide a testing environment if you would like one. You should have my email, just email me if you are interested. I can then send you my phone number.
I can run any OS on Raspberry Pi. I have one setup with ESXi.

Regards,
Jeff

Yes. Different OSes give you different way of saying. But pretty much aarch64 and arm64 are the same.

Hope this helps:
pi@ras238:~/Downloads $ ./hamrs-1.0.2-linux-arm64.AppImage
Segmentation fault
pi@ras238:~/Downloads $ sudo chmod u+x hamrs-1.0.2-linux-arm64.AppImage
pi@ras238:~/Downloads $ sudo ./hamrs-1.0.2-linux-arm64.AppImage
[34959:0311/113858.988836:FATAL:electron_main_delegate.cc(253)] Running as root without --no-sandbox is not supported. See 638180 - chromium - An open-source project to help move the web forward. - Monorail.
Trace/breakpoint trap
pi@ras238:~/Downloads $ sudo ./hamrs-1.0.2-linux-arm64.AppImage --no-sandbox
The futex facility returned an unexpected error code.
Aborted
pi@ras238:~/Downloads $uname -a
Linux ras238 5.10.95-v8+ #1519 SMP PREEMPT Tue Feb 1 13:19:30 GMT 2022 aarch64 GNU/Linux
pi@ras238:~/Downloads $ sudo cat /etc/os-release
PRETTY_NAME=“Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)”
NAME=“Debian GNU/Linux”
VERSION_ID=“11”
VERSION=“11 (bullseye)”
VERSION_CODENAME=bullseye
ID=debian

I got it to work. Running it now.

It took me a few days because a work issue interrupted me, but I can also say that this is working on my pi. I installed AppImage Launcher, double clicked on the AppImage I downloaded from above and it started and ran just fine for me. Sadly, I don’t have lots of log data I could use to test but I was able to create a new log and add a few “contacts” to it to check functionality.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.