Unable to create profile

Make sure you’re not running HAMRS directly from a DMG - that’s a whole different instance of the application, than the one you should drag to your applications folder. My guess is if you pop upoen the 0.11.6 DMG and open that version of HAMRS, your logbook will be in that instance (though I’m not sure how MacOS handles data on disk images with applications, so I could be wrong).

As long as you drag any new versions to your Applications folder and choose ‘replace’ everything should persist correctly.

Thanks for the quick reply. When I downgraded from 1.0.2 to 0.11.6, I double-clicked the 0.11.6 .dmg, dragged the icon to the Applications folder, chose to replace the file instead of keeping both, and ran it from the Launchpad. Then, I upgraded to 1.0.3 using the same method of double-clicking the new .dmg and dragging the icon to the Applications folder and chose to replace the file instead of keeping both. Not a big deal, I have the exported contacts so not all is lost. If nothing else, I can re-input the 56 contacts to keep my log up to date. It won’t take too long.

I went back and tried running the app from the 0.11.6 .dmg directly, and there were my 56 contacts. I obviously ran the app from double-clicking the .dmg file instead of from the Launchpad like I thought I had done. Now, I understand the error of my ways. Something to keep in mind for future upgrades.

Total user error. D’oh.

Wow, that was fast!!! Thanks for the quick fix. I tested it as an upgrade to a clean 1.0.2 install on Windows and it worked perfectly–prompted me for a profile as intended.

I like the clever way you implemented the timer pause–that works well, too.

Success! I opened the broken version, it prompted me to update.
Downloaded, DMG opened, dragged to “Application folder”, working.
Thanks for your fast response!

Make sure you have the latest version in your applications folder - Open HAMRS from the applications folder and then Click ‘Help’ and then ‘About’. You should see version 1.0.3

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.