Modes Dropdown (add and remove modes) [ACCEPTED]

Love the program and the idea here!! There however needs to be an ability to edit the modes to add or remove modes from the list. I use FT8, FT4 and JS8 modes when I do POTA activations.

Keep up the great work!!

2 Likes

Thanks! I can add modes to the dropdown for sure. I just assumed folks were using something else when doing FT8 for logging, but itā€™s an easy enough change! Thanks for the input, Iā€™ll get it in the next build!

1 Like

You are right I didnā€™t think about that to be honest WSJT-X does log it in a text file. I do manually log them when doing POTA tho to make sure the park info is in the log.

I was going to post this request as well. Might I add, would it be possible for the user to customize which modes they want to add to the drop down? Or even a free-text? This way only those modes the operator is interested in appear and not every mode that others are not interested in donā€™t appear. In the field I use SSB, FT8, FT4, JS8, FM, and C4FM. Given that POTA considers all the modes different, AM, SSB, FM, Dstar, C4FM etc are all ā€œPhoneā€ in most cases but POTA counts them separately. Same with the numerous digital modes. The free text option may be a simple solution if it repopulates from the previous QSO.

1 Like

There are so many modes now. Maybe simplify others to Digi? Unless folks prefer to know precisely which mode, than yes, checkboxes in the settings for the usersā€™ most common modes or the list will be pages long.

1 Like

I just joined the group and noticed ā€œDigitalā€ or specific digital modes were not listed in the dropdown. Instead of having 20 different selections for the digital mode, just use ā€œDigitalā€ or have a customized blank that the specific mode can be added to.

Scott KN3A

2 Likes

Hereā€™s what Iā€™ve got going for modes to far. Some of these are actually submodes apparently according to the ADIF spec, which I can handle. A few folks are asking for ā€˜digitalā€™ and the only thing I could find in the spec was ā€˜Digital Voiceā€™ Is that what you guys are talking about?

SSB
CW
DSTAR
AM
FM
RTTY
FT8
SSTV
C4FM
JS8
FT4
Digital Voice

These arenā€™t POTA specific as templates grow, but I want to know Iā€™m responding to what people are asking for correctly.