POTA Spot Feature

Currently waiting to hear back from the POTA folks regarding if they’ll allow me to consume their API. It’s currently open, but that doesn’t mean they meant it to be, so I figured I’d ask first. Anyway, I thought it be cool to see if you’ve been spotted in-app.

5 Likes

That would be sweet! Will we be able to self-spot as well (assuming there’s an Internet connection)?

2 Likes

Yeah I should mention, you’ll need an internet connection for this to work :slight_smile:
I’m not sure about self spotting. If they’re API will allow it, it’s an easy add and I’ll for sure do it. But they might not allow it. They might not even allow me to use this end-point in which case I’ll just have to write something to scrape the spot page to get the data. We’ll see on that.

1 Like

They’re pretty flexible and friendly. Hop in their Slack. I’m sure they’ve heard of you from Jason KM4ACK. :wink:

Jarrett,

Did you ever get a response from the POTA team about the API and any documentation? I understand the API exists out there…is there anything else out there we can consume?

I’m wanting to add more functionality to a Node Red POTA dashboard I’m working on.

Kyle
AA0Z

Sorry to bump this - new user here.

Has self spotting been implemented yet? I didn’t see any intuitively obvious way of doing it. It sure would be nice to add that to the setup screen for an activation.

Thanks for HAMRS - my club has a large group of activators and I’m recommending this for activations. Great job!

73, Bob, WB4SON

It hasn’t yet - but the POTA folks are working on v1 of the public API. As soon as spotting is available via that API, I’ll get it added.

2 Likes