Beta Test the all new HAMRS

I have browsers on multiple computers open to the same Web HAMRS file. I recently entered a QSO on one of them that is not currently being reflected on the others (I’ve tried shift-refreshing the others but not the one showing the entry since I don’t want to lose the entry). If I export the logfile on the one that shows the QSO, the QSO appears in the exported adif file.

I’ve been running on multiple computers since the beta was introduced and this is the first time I’ve seen this behavior.

Maybe it had something to do with the new update? After I updated and made a small edit to the new entry it updated.

Thank you! I’ve got tickets made for these and will punch them out this weekend.

Tell, me about QRZ though - have an account (but not a subscription), entered your credentials in your profile, and set it as your lookup provider, but no lookups happen? Do you get any popups on the right hand side?

What was the browser/platform the QSO was entered on?

Mint and Firefox at about 2330Z. The previous entries (same platform) were about 2 hours earlier.

(I replied directly to Jarrett. Posting here for others to see)

Jarrett,

That’s interesting. When I put W8SCS in the callsign field, I get a popup like this. It does not pull the name from QRZ for me, only the town and state. I tried it on a Windows machine and have the same issue. I logged out of my QRZ account and back in to make sure I had the right password. Trying multiple different callsigns did not bring up a name, just the location.

Wonder if anyone else is having the same issue?

Screenshot 2024-09-13 at 10.33.57 PM

My credentials work fine with the current version of HAMRS.

Dave VA3CP / VE3LJW

Found the issue. Fix is on the way out. In the rewrite I forgot non-subscribers don’t get a field called name_fmt back from QRZ. This field is the full name of the operator. So I have to interpolate it together from fname, and name which you do get.

QSO Entry counts on their way out too.

Love the web app, great work! Looking forward to native macOS and iOS apps in the future.

For the ask here, I found two issues (not sure if they are bugs or feature requests):

1. I prefer to log by hand and enter QSOs after the event is all wrapped up. The ability to pause the clock and enter my own custom time is great. The date field seems to operate differently. If I enter a custom date (yesterday, for example), when I move to a new QSO, the date field revets to today’s date. Could you make the date field sticky from QSO to QSO (something like a pause button for the date)?

2. Pulling callsign data from QRZ (and others) when creating a new QSO seems to work well. This feature does not seem to be enabled when editing a QSO. I needed to fix a typo on a callsign and afterwards, the information from the correct callsign would not import. I had to delete the QSO and recreate it in order for the callsign data to populate.

Hope this helps!

Thanks!
Justin

This helps a ton! I’m on it.

Debugging web version / Win 11 with Chrome
I am working with a test log to compare my logging experiences on the web interface

1. As mentioned above, the the date/time fields do not stay paused when keying QSOs from a previous activation.

2. There is no visible validation when entering multiple parks in the “Their Park” field. Is this still an option? The first park comes up, but nothing after and there is no note stating that it can be done. If not, what is the suggested method for entering? Perhaps a “DUP” button that would immediately create a new mirror record to enter the second park number? I’ve had one activator with “7” parks…

3. I have a brand new laptop that I wanted to start using in the field, but I am unable/unwilling to use the web version until it is stable. I am unable to locate a download location for the desktop app. This means I will have to continue paper logging and keying my logs at home after the fact.

4. When operating the web version in the field, what functionality should we expect when there is zero internet connectivity? Will we be able to create logs without user and park validation? Will there be a downloadable DB with said info? I’ll take it outside and see what happens.

I hope this helps. I will forward more as I find it.

Something like a “dup” button also would be useful for hunters when logging activations with multiple activators.

I’m trying to log into the app on a new computer, and I’m told I need to confirm my email address before using. I haven’t been able to get on my radio in a few days, so maybe something has changed, but this is the first time I’ve been prompted to confirm my email address.

I’m using:
macOS: Sonoma 14.6.1
Safari 17.6

Edit:
I forgot that I have used this computer in the past. I was able to get Firefox (v130.0) to work just fine.

1. When entering the time manually, the colon no longer populates automatically.
  • fixed: disabled date input when QSO time is live
  • fixed(timeinput): fixed pausing and persisting static time & date between QSOs

Keep those reports coming and I’ll keep plugging away!

Jarrett,

I had reported that the ESC key was not working as CLEAR like you had in the previous version. Is that still on the books? I find that a great feature rather than trying to find the CLEAR button.

Dave VA3CP

Yup! Just punching through things, should be fixed soon.

New beta tester. HAMRS works as expected so far on an M1 Macbook Air running Chrome browser. Looking forward to more features and functionality coming down the line.

ESC key fix on it’s way out now.

Not that it’s an issue, as I’m sure it’s a very small portion of the user base and there’s a clear button, but pressing the ESC key to clear takes macOS users out of a full screen window.

Additionally, is there any chance that we might get the ability to insert ADIF into an already existing logbook. Also, in the app version, there’s a QSO option up top that displays all of the contacts from every logbook. It would be nice to have that back. It would be cool to even have the QSO map plot for all of the entries.

Edit:
If the QSO section at the top gets added back, along with the addition of the map of QSO spots, the need (at least for me) to import and insert an ADIF into an existing logbook becomes redundant.

pressing the ESC key to clear takes macOS users out of a full screen window

Hmmm I should make the ESC key thing a setting option then. Mac dev here: I’d hate that :slight_smile: I just never used that feature. More a CMD-A + Backspace guy.

Is there any chance that we might get the ability to insert ADIF into an already existing logbook.

Love that, yes. Even with your edit on having the full QSO list back (it’s coming) I still think it would be useful.

It would be cool to even have the QSO map plot for all of the entries.

That IS a nice to have, so I made a ticket for it in the backlog, but I’m working towards feature parity in the new version then releasing desktop, then mobile. But it’s in there!